Saturday, January 27, 2007

Jiving With Java..and a rant on coffeehouses.

I really liked this essay. I liked the attitude the author had toward coffeehouses. Alot of things he said reminded me of a popular coffeehouse in my neighborhood. I don't ever go to any coffeehouses but I think this essay really described everyone that does go to coffeehouses perfectly. Coffeehouses were once a nice place to relax but now they've become so scene and so popular that you cant even relax because there are so many people inside. My neighborhood coffeehouse, The Grind, is always so busy and so packed, it is almost impossible to walk through without running into someone or something. And once you do make your way to the counter to buy something, you have to wait in line for what seems like forever for coffee that, from what Ive heard, isnt even that great. Finding a seat in there is like finding a parking spot at Christmas: its impossible. The Grind provides seating outside which is great in the summer, but what about the winter? I dont know many people that would prefer to sit outside in the winter to study and drink coffee. I dont mind coffeehouses, just as long as Im not in one. I think coffeehouses are just another long lasting fad that will evenually die out.

No comments: