Monday, March 26, 2007

Final Essay Topic

For my final paper, I think I'm going to stick with my photo essay topic about the curriculum change in the downriver area. As I research the topic, I've been finding out that this change is effecting a lot more schools than I thought. When I first heard about it last year, I thought it was only Roosevelt but so many more schools are changing as well. Southgate Anderson High School is even expanding to have 3 semesters instead of 2. They will be shortened but that is a whole nother semester's worth of work to cram in.

My only fear for this paper is lack of sources. I have found a few articles online about it and I plan on interviewing teachers and students if possible. Time magazine even did an article on it and they included a lot of information on it so that should be a strong source. I was also skeptical about this topic due to lack of information but as I said before, the more I research it the more I've been finding out about it and how many people it actually does impact. So Im going to be as optimistic as possible about this paper and hope I have enough information for 5-6 pages.

No comments: